I'm going to do a quick review of all the products I have acquired from It Cosmetics, and let ya'll know if the brand is really worth trying.
A little about the brand: The company was created by Jamie Kern and her whole idea behind the line was to make good-for-you "skincare" type products that were also helped developed by plastic surgeons. Long story short, she made this line for women of all ages, to help hide imperfections (pores, deep/fine lines, redness, etc.) and make the skin look beautiful and natural. Here's what I think.
The line is usually advertised on QVC about once every two weeks, but of course when you are watching QVC they make anything look like it's the best thing ever. I made my first It Cosmetics purchase at Ulta, and fell in love with a few products that I will repurchase off QVC for the better prices. Is that cheating?
I first tried the YBBB Your Brows But Better Universal Brow Pencil in Taupe. Mom got it in a QVC set (how ironic) and doesn't use brow products so she passed it to me. It's so creamy, and really works for all colors. If you have light hair, use a lighter stroke with it and if you have dark hair, press a little more firmly for darker color. So cool. And the staying power is awesome.
I ventured and decided to try the Your Skin But Better CC+, get ready, Color Correcting Full Coverage Cream+ Anti Aging Hydrating Serum+ SPF50+ UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum Natural Physical Chemical-Free Sunscreen, Paraben Free (shade medium). WHEW! What a mouthful. This baby claims to be an all-in-one product that cuts getting ready in half. It's your moisturizer, sunscreen, anti-aging product, and foundation all in one. I have to admit, I was SO skeptical at first but after putting it to the test for a few months, I bought a backup! It gives great coverage, blends easily, works for both dry and oily skin (I use a powder to set my T-zone so it doesn't get shiny) looks really natural, and not cakey at ALL. The sunscreen is such a bonus and I can't wait to use it in the summer.
Then, I decided to try the most-hyped product in the line (Bye-Bye-Undereye Concealer) but in a concentrated form. It's pretty much a pigment that color-corrects dark circles without feeling heavy with extra product. I thought this would be awesome, but I find myself putting this on before my foundation, then applying another concealer over the top of it for extra coverage. It really does color correct, but I need more coverage to hide my circles. It has anti aging properties so it's like using a daytime eye cream. Still pretty cool, but I probably won't repurchase.
Recently, I purchased the new Eyelift in a Tube (Bye-Bye-Undereye original formula on one end and Hello Light Illuminator on the other) and I am loving it! The concealer is awesome. Doesn't crease, crack, dry out my eye, or budge. It gives amazing coverage and looks natural. The Hello Light is also really nice to add to any dark areas of my face (under eye, sides of nose) and to highlight the middle of my face. Very good product so far.
Finally, I purchased the Bye-Bye-Pores anti-aging translucent setting powder. This is such a finely milled powder and is so undetectable on the skin… it. is. GORGEOUS. I use it to set my t-zone over any foundation and eye concealer and my skin looks airbrushed every time. I don't know how it works, but it just does. I also use this over my pore-blurring primer when I don't have time for makeup and makes my skin look…. poreless. LOL. So cliche. But it really does. Highly highly highly recommend if you are on the market for a new translucent powder.
YBBB, CC+, Eyelift In a Tube (concealer, illumator), BBUE Corrector Concentrate
Overall, if I only had to suggest two, they would have to be the CC+ cream and the Bye Bye Pores. Together, they are perfection. I wouldn't try the corrector concentrate again, I feel there are better options out there but I'm definitely going to use it up. The Eyelift in a Tube is a REALLY close runner up, I would even say a tie with the Bye Bye Pores, but right now the two just pair so amazingly and give me a flawless face. LOVE.
I gotta say, this line is a pretty good one! There are a few hits and misses, like any brand, but I can't wait to see what Jamie comes up with in the future.
Thanks for reading! I'll be sure to put up another post this week.
xo's
Tyler



No comments:
Post a Comment