#1 Top Fave- Lush Mask Of Magnaminty ($12). Hands down the best for my skin I have tried, and that's affordable. This little guy has gotten me through 8 uses and I still have more than half the container left. It's very cooling to the skin, and sucks out a lot of my impurities and opens up my pores. When I feel my skin is starting to have a few blemishes or uneven texture, I slap this on for 15 minutes and it does wonders. I like to follow with a Bioré Pore Strip on my nose (for those super stubborn blackheads) and it leaves me with a super soft, clean face! It doesn't leave my skin dry or tight, it's just amazing. It smells and looks like mint chocolate ice cream. Yuuuuuuummmmmm! Plus, it's made of all natural ingredients and NEVER tested on animals. Go Lush!
A great runner up is the Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure (can be found at Ulta, Target, and Walgreens) Skin Clarifying Mud Mask. This mask is more clay based and goes in for a deep clean for problematic skin. I don't use this as often since I found the Lush mask, but it really is great for when you have blemishes or can feel them coming on, this will dry them out and prevent some from happening. If you have dry skin, I don't recommend this specific one.
Also, I have tried the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask from any drugstore ($3) and it really is a great classic mask. I ran out a few months ago but I won't repurchase until I finish the Formula 10.0.6 one.
If you have dry skin you need to focus on finding a mask with hydrating properties and is more designed for the drier type.
The two not-so-great masks I have tried are from the Michael Todd True Organics line. A quick story: I had heard about this line by multiple beauty lovers who constantly raved about them and how they were mostly organic and vegan. Now, I did jump on the organic "all natural" train when I started getting random rashes on my body and my dermatologist told me it was an allergic reaction to something we couldn't figure out. She recommended me I switch to more natural products… which is totally besides the point of face masks but I found out about this line around the same time I went to my dermatologist. Needless to say, I liked it for a week, and ended up HATING it. It is so not worth the "discounted price" you can get these at and I think it is a total gimmick. They list sets and products at a relatively high price and offer you a "coupon code" for over 60% off. When companies do that, it typically means that the products aren't worth the "listed price" in the first place, they're really worth the discounted price. I feel like I'm getting very irritated about this subject. Sorry. Back to masks. I do like that they designated a more hydrating mask for the drier skin type and a clay based mask for the problematic acne prone skin, but I do not feel they do that great of a job and I'm sure I can find better ones that act the same for under 5 bucks.
Let's talk about the overly hyped, much talked about, ranted and raaaaaaaaved about, GlamGlow Masks. I don't have a picture of it because I personally do not own it, though I have tried the SuperMud and the ThirstyMud and yes, they are great masks. The SuperMud mask literally sucks all the impurities out of your pores and leaves you with a soft, cleansed skin (like my Lush one does!). The ThirstyMud mask is a very hydrating mask that doesn't dry. It stays tacky while your skin drinks it up and gets very well moisturized. This mask says on the jar that you can even sleep in it. I personally think it is way too messy to sleep in and that my skin isn't dry enough to use this product to see a difference. These guys come at a hefty price tag of $69.00 for a 1.2 ounce jar. I personally think that is outrageous for getting only up to 3 uses out of it. CRAZY. Yes, the SuperMud sample I did have did awesome things to my skin, but these things aren't permanent, the results last a couple days just like any other mask. I don't see myself investing in such a pricy product that doesn't last me multiple uses. I would rather go out and get a facial! However, if you have money to burn and have a special event to go to and want awesome skin in 15 minutes, go for it. This is just my personal opinion of course. If it were half the price I would probably buy it but it's still such little product for what you are spending! Ok, enough rant. Look it up on Sephora's website and decide for yourself :) and of course ask for a sample before you buy!
Before I go, here are the steps I use when applying a mask.
I cleanse my face free of makeup (I don't worry about eye makeup, NEVER apply a mask on your eyes) and with hot water running, you can boil water if you prefer, I "tent" my face with a towel and let the steam warm up my face and open my pores. I apply my mask in circular motions all over my face avoiding my lips and eye area. I pour myself a glass of wine…. just kidding, I usually gather up my pajamas or robe, tidy up the bathroom, start my shower, anything to kill 10-15 minutes. I like to remove my mask in the shower since it is WAY easier to wash it off that way and not make a giant mess. To each their own! I pat my face dry, finish my skincare routine, and end with a moisturizer. That's it! Go grab a mask and create your own relaxing spa-like evening pampering yourself. :)
xo's
Tyler




where can i find the lush?
ReplyDelete- ashley
You can always order online, but the nearest Lush is in Santa Barbara, or bigger cities like LA and such. The closest one to me is San Jose! :(
DeleteCan I add a mask recommendation for you to try? It is the absolute best!
ReplyDeleteOrigins Clear Improvement
I actually got a baby trial size of that mask and I really really liked it! Thank you for the recommendation :)
Delete