coffee cup

coffee cup

Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Nightly Skincare Routine

Hello again! Since my last post was about face oils I thought I should explain how I put them to use… along with my other skincare loves at the moment. :)
I never had a set regimen until I found these products. Goodbye dull, dry, acne prone skin… helllooooooo gorgeous! I never realized what these products were actually doing to my skin until a consultant at Ulta stopped me in my tracks and asked what I used on my face because it was so "radiant" and "poreless". I was caught off guard because I was wearing nothing but concealer (for those hideous purple under eye circles I have) and a light powder. Needless to say, I'm sticking with this routine!


To start off, I remove my makeup with DRY fingers and DRY face with the Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil. Here we go again with the oil! I kid you not though this is a game changer. Not only does it literally melt off every tiny bit of makeup (including eye makeup!) but it helps with acne prone skin! My previous cleanser would dry the heck out of my forehead and brow bones (even though I have combo skin) and this saved the day. Amazing.
I then wet my fingers and massage the oil a little more then completely rinse my face. I follow with First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser (safe for sensitive skin) with my Clarisonic. The cleanser is so gentle and removes any leftover residue from the cleansing oil. Now keep in mind, you can use this cleanser without the oil I would just recommend washing your face twice. Once to get all your makeup off, then again to make sure it's squeaky clean. I would highly recommend purchasing a Clarisonic if you have problematic skin or easily clogged pores. I had both! A cheaper alternative is the Olay Face Brush at any drugstore.
Once I'm done cleansing my skin, I usually use my PeterThomasRoth Max Complexion Correction pads. Those babies are jam packed with multi purpose ingredients to help with acne, texture, pores, wrinkles, hydration, and anti-aging. I looooooveee them! I had cystic acne on my forehead while in culinary school and when I started using these… bye bye blemishes! A good tip is to take a clean pair of sharp scissors and cut the pads in half. Turn 60 pads into 120 and boom! They last for a good long while!
After I let that soak into my skin, I follow with the Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Oil. I place about 3 drops on my fingers and rub all over my face. It makes my skin so smooth and radiant when I wake up I just love it. It does leave a bit of a strong "flowery seed" smell if that makes sense. It goes away after a few minutes.

I like to use the PTR Pads every other day in rotation with Perricone MD Blue Plasma. This is a new addition to my routine and so far I'm really enjoying it. It's described as a "nonacidic daily peel that delivers all the benefits of a traditional peel, without causing surface redness, irritation, or damage to skin." It pretty much eliminates the dead layer of skin then soothes and hydrates, and is also considered a gentle exfoliator which is important to have in a skincare routine. I'm seeing a big difference in the texture of my skin after a week of using this!
Following the Blue Plasma, I like to use Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins nighttime moisturizer. I used the Fresh Seaberry Oil after it too and it was just as awesome. Either one works! The Origins one is nice because it is SO THICK and smells like oranges. :) I wake up with the softest plumpest skin ever and it feels sooooo good. 
I usually use an eye cream as well but I'm in between a few samples and I'm trying to find a good one I like. Im leaning towards the Algenist Eye Balm but I'll keep you posted. 
Thanks for reading!! I hope this helped any of you who are in the market for a new regimen! 
xo's
Tyler 

No comments:

Post a Comment