Hooray for my first post! Let's get crackin!
When I first started getting into makeup, like most, I knew NOTHING. It takes a lot of trial and error… unless of course you were born a pro (unlikely). Little did I know the brushes/applicators used to apply makeup makes all the difference in the world.
I got introduced to Sigma after lots of researching and video-watching and decided to order a few.
Goooooooood golly. They. Are. Awesome.
Here's a list of my top favorite Sigma Brushes and what I use them for.
From top to bottom:
F50 Duo Fibre- Perfect for applying bronzer or blending out blush/bronzer.
F40 Large Angled Contour- Great for blush application, the angle fits the hollows of the cheeks perfectly!
F84 Angled Kabuki- Blends out cream contour like a dream.
F80 Flat Top Kabuki- My all time FAVORITE foundation brush. Applies liquid foundation so smoothly and flawlessly with no streaks and great coverage.
E40 Tapered Blending- Great for blending out eyeshadow in the crease.
E25 Blending- Perfect for over-the-lid blending and darker outer corner shadows.
E30 Pencil Brush- Favorite to use for smoking out the lower lash line or smudging out liner.
Hope you enjoyed this post! Stay updated for more!
xo's
Tyler
F50 Duo Fibre- Perfect for applying bronzer or blending out blush/bronzer.
F40 Large Angled Contour- Great for blush application, the angle fits the hollows of the cheeks perfectly!
F84 Angled Kabuki- Blends out cream contour like a dream.
F80 Flat Top Kabuki- My all time FAVORITE foundation brush. Applies liquid foundation so smoothly and flawlessly with no streaks and great coverage.
E40 Tapered Blending- Great for blending out eyeshadow in the crease.
E25 Blending- Perfect for over-the-lid blending and darker outer corner shadows.
E30 Pencil Brush- Favorite to use for smoking out the lower lash line or smudging out liner.
I would highly recommend these brushes to anyone who is in the market for some, or even girls who are just starting out in the makeup world. They are also way more affordable and, in my opinion, better than MAC brushes. A definite win in my book.
* the pink brush is an E05 Eyeliner brush I got as a freebee and LOVE it for gel liner!
Alright! In order to keep these babies for a good long while, we gotta clean em! Here's my cheap and super easy way of cleaning (all) of my makeup brushes.
Take a regular kitchen plate and pour about 2 tablespoons of Dawn dish soap on it. (This will kill any bacteria your brushes may have)
Add about 1/2 teaspoon of Olive Oil to your soap and mix it around with your finger. (This will help keep your brushes conditioned)
Dampen your brushes pointing DOWNWARD under lukewarm running water. Swirl the wet brush in the soapy mixture, you can use your hands if you want, then rinse them out still pointing downward.
Take a small towel and gently squeeze any excess water out of the bristles and lay them sideways on a dry towel to finish drying.
You can also take a book or something with a raised edge and lay the brushes at a downward angle to prevent any water from being soaked up the barrel.
xo's
Tyler






I think I need to try these brushes!! The sound awesome!
ReplyDeletePs. Love the cleaning tips! <3
Woohoo! Great first post!!!
ReplyDelete