coffee cup

coffee cup

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Makeup Geek Shadows

Today I want to talk about something I'm SUPER excited to start using…. Makeup Geek Eyeshadows. I've heard people rave about these bad boys for so long so I decided to get a few to check them out. Let me tell you, they are totally worth the hype! The texture is so creamy and soft and blend like a dream, and they also have a really great staying power.

Now, you might be wondering "Why they heck do they come in a little envelope without any type of packaging?!" This is the super cool part. If you are familiar with individual MAC shadow pans and their "build your own palette" these are the exact same size and actually fit in the MAC palettes too! Cool part? They retail for only $5.99 a shade while MAC retails for $10 a shade. The quality of MakeupGeek is just as great if not better than MAC.

The MakeupGeek website has the option to buy an empty "Z-Palette" (empty magnetic palette to fill up with your choice of shadows) that retails for $25 and fits up to 25 shadows. A MAC palette that fits 15 shadows is $160 (including your choice of shadows). To be honest, I think the z-palette is still over priced and MAC is outrageous so I made two my own for under 5 bucks! I'll have a DIY post all about how I did it soon :) The shadows come in a magnetic pan with the name of it on the bottom, so it's relatively easy to find out what shade you are using. I love that!

Now, if this whole "make your own palette" things isn't quite for you, you can definitely buy the MakeupGeek shadows in their own individual compact for $7.99 while MAC's are a whopping $15! Although MAC has a wider variety of shades, while MakeupGeek is constantly releasing more to add to their inventory. Also, they are working on launching…. BLUSHES!!! I am so flipping excited for that. Ugh I can't even. Back to eyeshadows! I have to say that for the price and amazing quality, MakeupGeek knocks MAC shadows out of my vanity. Now that I have seen and felt them for myself,  I'm so excited to purchase more!!
*swatches of just a single touch of the shadows. SO pigmented!!

Here are the colors I picked for my first time purchase:
Cocoa Bear, Creme Brûlée, Peach Smoothie, Cosmopolitan, and Country Girl
I got mostly neutrals because, well, I love neutrals. Also, I was on the hunt for a couple perfect transition shades and boy did they deliver! I needed better lighting to really capture how these babies look but I'm going to work on that. Cosmopolitan is a goooooorrrgeous rose gold and Country Girl is a red toned brown with gold shimmer. Go check out the website for more amazing colors, I sure will! Plus shipping is only one dollar! Score!
I'll keep ya'll posted on when she releases the new blushes too ;)
xo's
Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment