coffee cup

coffee cup

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Face Oils...What the heck?!

I'm sure by now you have heard the crazy idea of face oil. Yep. Putting oil... on your face. I literally told a lady she was crazy for recommending me an oil for my combination-type skin. Who wants to put oil on already oily skin you may ask??? Let's step back for a minute and talk about skin types first and why this will work for ANY type.
Normal- You lucky people! Nothing irritates your skin, hardly gets dry or oily, and hardly breaks out.
Dry- Obviously its a dead give away… Dry itchy patches, flaky, most of the time on the red or pinker side.
Oily- Most of the time you get oily within a couple hours of washing your face typically on the forehead or T-Zone area. (forehead, nose, chin) With no dry patches whatsoever.
Combination- This is me. I thought I was straight oily, but after really taking care of my skin and noticing what it needed I found that I have VERY combination skin. Oily in my t-zone and dry above my eyebrows and jaw line. I was killing my skin using products designed for very oily skin type thinking it was going to eliminate any acne I had or would get in the future.

I was wrong. Very wrong. Breakouts happen when our skin over-produces oil, or when the skin is very dry and not getting enough oil/hydration. (also, the drier the skin the more likely you will wrinkle faster!) Adding oil to oily skin actually combats natural oil production, and keeps the skin happy.
I used to use Proactiv every night to suck everything out of my face so I wouldn't get any breakouts, but I was sooooooo dry and irritated after using it and my skin was so dull. And I still broke out! After jumping on the face oil train and adding it to my nighttime regimen,  noticed the biggest change in my skin I have ever seen.
I present to you… (drumroll please) Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil. This was my first face oil jump. It feels like the typical oil you would think of. It sits on your skin and it leaves you looking like a slip-n-slide. Definitely for nighttime only, but it takes the place of your nighttime moisturizer. It really is amazing.


For those of you who want to ease your way in to this newfound crazy idea, I would recommend the Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil LIGHT. It's the same formula, but absorbs into the skin and isn't as heavy as the original. I actually switched to the light and use the regular for my body/ends of my hair. Also, because this oil is pure, you can use it under your eyes for moisture as well.

Bring in the big guns, in a tiny bottle. Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil. This little guy is packed with restoring omegas which helps to maintain a youthful appearance. It helps with elasticity, makes the skin more vibrant, and protects with antioxidants. This is my newest addition to my oil club and I LOVE it. The smell is a little strong, but it fades quickly.

Don't be scared to try this step in your nightly routine! I had serious reservations about putting oil on my face but it has made my skin so hydrated, vibrant, and cleared up my breakouts. Oily-skinned gals, DON'T be afraid!! Ask for a 2 week sample next time you're at Sephora or Nordstrom and give it a whirl.
Any questions? Just ask!
xo's
Tyler

2 comments:

  1. Do you use all three oils each night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I only use one oil after I use my toning pads or last step of my nighttime routine. I like the Argan Light or the Fresh Seaberry :) I will switch off every couple of nights. I found that the Original Josie Maran oil is just a little too heavy for me since I don't have incredibly dry skin. Let me know if you need help choosing the right oil for you!!
      xoxo

      Delete